In the short life of the Committee we are happy to report that we have achieved a number of successes that have benefited residents of the village, some recent successes include:
- A review of the Factors bill leading to a rebate to residents
- The provision of additional gritting and grit boxes on the North Link Road
- The provision of additional litter bins (and we are pushing for more!)
- Expedited the works to Birch Road including Lighting / drainage / surfacing
- Set up the Dargavel.net website for the sharing of information
- Provided a central conduit for expressing views / opinions to BAE and RMG
- Remedial safety works to trees in Rossland Woods
- Developed an effective and professional working relationship with both RMG and BAE
- Slateford Road – re-profiling of swales (ditches)
- Ongoing discussions for improvements to the North Link Path
With continued support from our current Committee members and that of new volunteers we are sure we can continue to work together to help shape a local community that we can be proud of and that meets the needs of residents of Dargavel and the wider Bishopton community.
If you would like to volunteer your time to assist at events or even to participate in Committee matters we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please feel free to contact our Secretary at or indeed any of our members and we shall be delighted for any assistance that you can offer.