Bishopton Community Council is made up of Bishopton residents (who must be registered voters). Its role is:
- to ascertain, co-ordinate and reflect the views of the community which it represents, to liaise with other community groups within the area, and to fairly express the diversity of opinions and outlooks of the people;
- to express the views of the community to the Local Authority for the area, to public authorities and other organisations;
- to take such action in the interests of the community as appears to it to be desirable and practicable;
- to promote the well-being of the community and to foster a community spirit;
- to be a means whereby the people of the area shall be able to voice their opinions on any matter affecting their lives, their welfare, their environment, its development and amenity.
The Council usually meets in the Primary School on the first Wednesday of each month from September to June, from 7.30pm to 9.30pm. The meeting dates are published on this web site as are the minutes of their meetings.
Further information can be obtained directly from the Community Council website: http://www.bishoptoncouncil.com/