Welcome to our September update. There has been a lot of progress in the development over the summer ably helped by the good weather.
- As part of our forestry management programme a number of trees will be felled during the autumn. There is also a programme of replanting of trees planned.
- Landscaping work is being undertaken across Craigton Park, Strawberry Lane and the Craigton Link paths. Some areas may be unaccessible whilst this landscaping takes place. Once complete these areas of the development will be handed over to the Factor.
- We have recently completed the remediation and earthwork activity off Barrangary Road. This area of the development is earmarked for the new school and a set of apartments to be built by McCarthy Stone aimed at the over 55s.
- Later this month will be submit a planning application to Renfrewshire Council for a new primary school in Dargavel Village.
- In the next few months there will be road works on the A8 as power and water main diversion work takes place to support the new motorway junction.
- Maintenance work around the suds ponds and village square areas including strimming, grass cutting and path maintenance is taking place. The work should be completed by the end of September.
- In early October we will be opening a temporary car park adjacent to the current park and ride facility. The temporary car park will only be accessed from Craigton Drive via the new link road.